Who is a Carer?
A Carer is someone who provides unpaid support to a family member or friend who could not manage without help. The person cared for or supported could be a relative, partner, friend or neighbour who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems. 3 in 5 of us will become a Carer at some point.
Involve Carers values the contribution that Carers make; not only to the life and wellbeing of the person they care for, but also to the wider communities of Maidstone and Malling.
Involve Carers support Carers in their caring role. We work closely with other voluntary sector organisations, Kent County Council, and the NHS to ensure the best outcomes for Carers. Our Services include:
- Information, advice and guidance
- Emotional support and practical assistance
- Free training courses
- Peer support and activities
- Free Kent Carers Emergency Card
- A Carer’s Assessment – and support plan to meet needs that are identified
For the latest Involve Carers newsletter please click here.